Friday 19 February 2010

Welsh Steel Band

Listening to Morcheeba's Fragments of Freedom recently, the half-way steel-band tune gave me a Caribbean hankering so I got on YouTube to see if anyone had upped the steel bands that were on Blue Peter when I was a kid. Sadly not yet, but I think I found something better...

I've no idea who these guys are, but they're awesome, in the original (Eddie Izzard) sense of the word. Apparently they're a Welsh steel band who were part of the pre-game street entertainment before the Rugby World Cup 2007 games that were held in Cardiff. Can't find them anywhere else on YouTube or on the web so if anyone knows who they are... share the wealth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpV-Du_Ztc
The clips a bit shaky at the start but stay with it, you'll be nodding your head in no time...

No comments:

Post a Comment