Wednesday 23 March 2011

Oxyhydrogen

Despite having learned a lot more than I ever wanted to about radiation levels in microSieverts and now radioactive Iodine (I-131) and Cesium-137 levels in Becquerels per litre or kilo, my favourite scientist is still this guy.

For some this will be a naive post, and the fact that I first saw the Hydrogen Technology Applications guys on this clip from Fox News doesn't help their credibility, but this promotional clip for their HHO gas is a bit less sensationalist.

The News on their website hasn't been updated since 2009 so does that mean they were wrong and the energy required to split the water molecules and create Oxyhydrogen really does exceed the energy recouped by burning it? Or did darker forces intervene?

Maybe I need more sleep but is it really naive to think this won't work? Is using water for fuel as elusive as perpetual motion?  

How many links could I fit into one short blog post?

What does blog stand for anyway?

Just some of the things I was thinking about on my way back from the supermarket carrying two 5-litre bottles of just-in-case drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment